The six-minute walk test (6MWT) measures the distance an individual is able to walk over a total of six minutes on a hard, flat surface. The goal is for the individual to walk as far as possible in six minutes. The individual is allowed to self-pace and rest as needed as they traverse back and forth along a marked walkway.
- To evaluate cardiovascular and respiratory disease
- To assess functional capacity and evaluate undiagnosed exercise intolerance
- To predict mortality and morbidity in specific patient groups
- To evaluate unexplained dyspnoea and disproportionate symptoms to resting tests
- To assess and aid prescription for oxygen therapy.
- To evaluate response to therapy / intervention
CONTACT US TODAY
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment to discuss your Sleep or Lung related problem, please fill out the form and submit.